No more guzzling back a gallon of milk because your cookie is glued to the roof of your mouth. No more choking on your peanut butter cookie because it is too dry. This cookie recipe works to make the perfect snack each and every time.
Peanut butter is a super food for a number of reasons. Sandwich, cookie, or straight off the spoon peanut butter is a very versatile food. It can be a meal, a dessert, or a snack. It is a high protein food yet despite this has no cholesterol. To top it off peanut butter can store at room temperature for several months without going bad. I love the stuff and adore the cookies made from it. They are ideal for holiday baking as both kids and adults love them. They are absolutely positively yummy.
Double Batch: Ingredients and Directions
1 1/2 cups margarine
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Cream together margarine, sugar, egg, vanilla, and peanut butter. Once mix is smooth add the remaining ingredients and mix till dough is formed. A little sticky is OK.
2. Shape dough into balls - put these on a greased cookie sheet. Then with a fork that has been dunked in sugar press each dough ball to flatten it. Yum yum, looking more like a cookie now.
3. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes at 325 degrees. Cool Slightly on the pan before removing.
Single Batch Ingredients:
3/4 cup margarine
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 & 3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
I am using smooth peanut butter but it is your choice whether you use chunky or smooth. This recipe works well with either.
1. Stir the First 5 Ingredients Into a Mixing Bowl
2. Cream These First Ingredients Together
3. Blend in the Remaining Ingredients to Form a Sticky Dough.
4. Shape dough into balls and put these onto a greased cookie sheet. The cookie dough is nice and soft so forms easily.
5. Then with a fork that has been dunked in sugar press each dough ball to flatten it.
6. Into the 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes then out they come. Cool for a few minutes on the pan before removing.
A Wee Smidge of Peanut Butter Trivia
Did you know that Elvis Presley's favourite sandwich is said to be a fried peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwich. It's a fact, that is indeed his favourite sandwich.
Elvis's sandwich sounds delicious but there are many other foods that combine well with peanut butter to taste spectacular as well. Below is a list of a few combinations you might like to try with your peanut butter. I have yet to try the bacon but it sure sounds delicious to me. Pickles? Yes indeed!
Plain on bread
With jelly or jam (any flavour)
With honey (my favourite)
With cream cheese
With fresh strawberries
With fresh blueberries
With thinly sliced apples
With bacon bits
With sweet potato
With sliced peaches
With sweet pickles*Dipped in honey cinnamon sauce
Dipped in caramel sauce
Chuck the bread and have it on crackers.
You know you want to so go ahead and try something a little different from your standard P & J sandwich. It's okay. You will be glad that you did. Now it is time to grab your favourite cookie pan and bake up a little love. Yum.
Related Articles by Lorelei Cohen